Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hymn To The Welfare State & A Visit to the Gods of The Copybook Headings


I miss the old lever and curtains type voting booths!

To commemorate this day in history the following hymn is presented as a reflection of attitudes that have brought us to where we are at:

The Government is my shepherd, therefore I need not work.
It alloweth me to lie down on a good job.
It leadeth me beside still factories; it destroyeth my initiative.
It leadeth me in the path of a parasite for politic’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of laziness and deficit spending, I will fear no evil, for the Government is with me.
It prepareth an economic Utopia for me, by appropriating the earnings of my own grandchildren.
It filleth my head with false security; my inefficiency runneth over.
Surely the government should care for me all the days of my life,
And I shall dwell in a fool’s paradise forever! — author unknown

America is not following a map to freedom, but of serfdom.  Perhaps most disturbing is that people are feeding on lies.  We are told "the best is yet to come" and yet the ingredients are disastrous.  I think of the promise of peace, yet we see what happened to America's ambassador to Libya. 
I think of the promise of no want because of keeping the barbaric practice of abortion.  Poverty
continues, and the worst poverty is of the soul. I'd like to share some excerpts from a poem by Rudyard Kipling that were written over a hundred years ago.  See if they don't describe the world we live in today.

On the first Feminian Sandstones we were promised the Fuller life
(Which started by loving our neighbor and ended by loving his wife)
Till our women had no more children and the men lost reason and faith,
And the Gods of the Copybook Heading said the "Wages of Sin is Death."

Yes, they tell us they believe in loving your neighbor, but they don't know how because of depraved human nature.  The generosity they offer is stolen from the pockets of others which in the end will not be sustainable because it destroys initiative to produce.

In the Carboniferous Epoch we were promised abundance for all,
By robbing selected Peter to pay for collective Paul;
But, though we had plenty of money, there was nothing our money could buy,
And the Gods of the Copybook Heading said: "If you don't work you die."

My grandpa always said history repeats itself.  Right now we'll watch as people keep burning themselves and are left wondering why things are going the way they are.

As it will be in the future, it was at the birth of Man--
There are only four things certain since Social Progress began:--
That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
And the burnt Fool's bandaged finger goes wobbling back to the Fire;
And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins,
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!

Destruction comes with the government as our shepherd.  When we have the Lord as our shepherd there comes peace that passes understanding, true productivity that comes from following His principles, and a happy ending.

                                  Psalm 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters. Rev. 7.17
3 He restoreth my soul:
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers

BeeSoothe, An All-Natural Skin Balm made with Beeswax, Russian Comfrey & Tea Tree Oil

Same shipping price($3.00 S&H) for 2 or 3 Bee Soothe Skin Balms!